Monday, June 30, 2014

Pastor Emeritus Ron Owens

“Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching” 
-1 Timothy 5:17 

This past Sunday, Grace Baptist Church fulfilled 
1 Timothy 5:17 by having a service and tea in honor of Pastor Ron Owens. The church voted back in the spring to grant this honorary title to Pastor Ron for his 18 years of service to our church. I am very thankful for all the pastors of Grace Baptist Church and their faithful service. Many times as the pastor of Grace Baptist I feel like the passage in Deut. 6:11 which describes God setting his people up in "houses full of every good thing that you did not fill them with, wells dug that you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves that you did not plant". I know that there are many good and excellent things that we enjoy today that were brought about under the faithfulness of other leaders like Pastor Ron. I first met Pastor Ron at my home church in Fall Branch, Tennessee. One of the things I noticed about Pastor Ron was that, when you were speaking to him he made you feel like you were the most important person in the world to him.  He has always been quick to listen and slow to speak!  And when he does speak has always been very encouraging to me personally. I am blessed to be placed in a church where I follow a ministry of a faithful servant like Pastor Ron. It was also such blessing for me to hear from others about how Pastor Ron and his family had been a blessing to so many others. Thank you Pastor Ron and your family for your faithful service and sacrifice through the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment