Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Do You Want To Be Healed?

In John Chapter 5, we see that Jesus comes into a room full of crippled people. He picks one, just one from the crowd and asks a question to him that I find very strange. He says in verse 6 "Do you want to be healed?". What person in their right mind would not want to be healed? And the man said yes. Now another thing that I find puzzling is the fact that at the time of the healing, the man did not know who Jesus was; because, when asked who had healed him the Bible says,

     "Now the man who had been healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, as there         was a crowd in the place."

I know that God healed this one man among many for his glory. He healed a man that was not even a believer at the time. There are several implications that could be drawn from this text. But one implication that stands out, is the fact that some claim the ability to heal in the name of Jesus, others in the name of science, and others in the name of a false God. But at the end of the day, the true healer is only Jesus. Giving life in a way that no one else can. The point is that he doesn't just make a claim, he backs it up!

I think back to all the times that people have promised me this or that, then they don't deliver. I am also remained of all the times that I have failed to deliver on my promises and it breaks my heart. One thing that we know for sure is that Christ will always deliver! Remember Jesus is the great Deliverer (1 Thess. 1:10). So let's not be upset when we are let down by men, for it is our nature. We will not find water in broken cisterns. But let us praise God for never failing.



No comments:

Post a Comment